Roses, Catalonia, Spain
Roses, in the north of the Costa Brava, is a modern village.
Among the things to look at here are:-
- The Citadel is a military fort, declared a historical monument
- Harbour and the Seafront Promenade, you can enjoy the restaurants
and the views
- The lighthouse built in 1864,
- beach of Canyelles Petites, a sandy beach with clear water.
- Trinity Castle (Castell de la Trinitat), military fort dating
- Viewpoint at Puig Rom, with views of the Bay of Roses.
- Remains of the VIIth century Visigothic Fortress
- Follow the “Camino de Ronda”, through the Natural
Park of Cap de Creus, for the beautiful landscape of coves and islets.
- Norfeu Cape, a natural reserve located between the beach
of Cala Pelosa and the beach of Canadell.
- Cave of Les Ermites and other underwater caves
- The ruins of the Tower of Norfeu
- Parish Church of Santa Maria (1796)
- Mallol House, in the Plaça de Catalunya, modernist
building built in 1906, is now the Town Hall
- 3 big dolmens: “La Creu d’en Cobertella”
(the biggest one in Catalunya), “Llit de la Generala” and the
“Cap de l’Home”. And menhirs (Menhirs de la Casa Cremada):
“La Cista de la Casa Cremada” and “La Cueva-dolmen del Rec
de la Cuana”.
in the area
return to Costa Brava,
Spain Costa Brava, Spain page