Palamós, Catalonia, Spain
Palamós has one of the best viewpoints of the Costa
Brava, Punta del Far, where past the rocks of La Ma de Gegant and Sa Galera,
you can see the whole of the Bay of Palamos, with the fisking boats lined up
for the days fishing.
- Market day is Tuesday, its held in the centre of the village,
in Catalunya Avenue.
- Santa Maria Church (Gothic 15th – 16th Century),
- Santa Eugenia de Villaroma’s Church (11th Century)
- “Museo de la Pesca” (Fishing’s museum)
in Major Street
- “Canó de Palamós” where the history
of the village is told.
- A small Tourist Train coves themost popular places of Palamós
if you do not fancy the walk.
- Fish Auction is held in the evenings when the boats come
back into port.
- La Fosca cove, followed by a walk to San Esteve's Medieval
Castle, Cala S’Alguer and to the beach of El Castell, the Iberian Settlement
with the archaeological Iberian remains of The 6th Century B.C.
in the area
return to Costa Brava,
Spain Costa Brava, Spain page