L’Estartit, Catalonia, Spain
L’Estartit, has beaches and lots of great views over the
bay and of the Islands of Medes. L’Estartit is located between the massif
“Macizo de Montgrí” and the mouth of the river Ter.
- Take a trip to the Massif, which separates the Baix Emporda
from the Alt Emporda.
- Castle of Montgrí (XIII Ch).
- The hermitage “Ermita de Sta. Caterina” ( XVIII
- “Ermita de Sta. Maria de Palau”,
- A trip to the “Islas Medes” just off the beach
of l’ Estartit, 10 minutes away. They are a marine fauna and flora reserve,
considered one of the most important of the Western Mediterranean. It consists
of 7 islets.
- In the centre of the village you will find the “Playa
del Molinet”, a rocky beach with clear water, which is only accessable
- To the South is the harbour, with the fishing boats, diving
schools and boats that can take you to the Islands of Medes.
- Then the sandy beach of L’Estartit, which is some 5km
long, ideal for children, and there are bars, restaurants and shops fringing
in the area
return to Costa Brava,
Spain Costa Brava, Spain page